DKV MUNDICARE -The Personalised Health Approach for you
The Insurance Suplement that allows you to have access to the best medical centres in case of serious illnesses.
DKV Mundicare is Insurance for serious illness,with which we guarantee financial support and necessary guidance to receive the best world wide available treatment when facing a diagnosis for serious illness, access to the best treatment abroad.
When we’re going through difficult times in our lives we need to know that someone is there with us and helping us to take the right decisions. For this reason, we are offering Serious Illness Insurance, which guarantees financial protection, personal support and guidance to ensure that we receive the best treatment available worldwide:
> Access to the best specialists and hospitals.
> Coverage of medical services and fees, transfer and accommodation during the treatment of the illness.
Furthermore, the policy holder will be accompanied throughout the process. We will determine the best treatment and the centres where it will be carried out and we will arrange for your transfer and that of a family member to accompany you.DKV will take care of everything, allowing you to take the time you need to focus on your recovery.
DKV Mundicare - The most extensive protection available on the market up to EUR 2,000,000 coverage
Which serious illnesses?
· Cardiovascular: coronary bypass and heart valve replacements.
· Oncological (except for skin cancer).
· Neurosurgery: spinal tumour and intracranial disease.
· Vital organ transplant: bone marrow and organs from a living donor.
· Neurodegenerative (MS, ALS, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s). Up to 30,000 euros per person per year.
How it works:
1. You just need to contact us, and tell us about the illness.
2. A DKV doctor will contact you for more information, and to do a study of your specific case. At this time, all the documentation will be sent to the medical committee.
3. We will then activate the second medical opinion service, whereby the world’s top experts in that specific area will analyse each case.
4. The experts will identify and select the most suitable international centres for receiving the treatment.
5. At this point, you will just need to decide which centre you prefer. The support service will then be activated to work out the best options for getting you there and managing all other procedures.
6. Once the treatment abroad has ended, medication expenses will continue to be reimbursed for up to 30 days after being discharged, and up to the established limit.
Any insurance policy must start with a commitment. Yours starts with six.
1. When faced with certain illnesses, it is essential for you to have the possibility to be treated in the best specialist centres abroad, whatever the cost. With this healthcare proposal, you can count on it.
2. When we say the best, we really do mean the best: centres such as the John Hopkins Hospital, in Baltimore: the University of Texas Anderson Cancer Center, in Houston; Mayo Clinic, in Rochester; Duke University Hospital, in Durham, and Mount Sinai Hospital, in New York.
3. We will directly take care of all expenses related to serious illnesses covered (including travel, meals, accommodation, etc.), with a maximum of 1,000,000 euros per person per year,and with a total policy limit of 2,000,000 euros.
4. We know that when you are ill, it is essential not to waste time or energy on dealing with formalities or procedures. We will take care of everything so that you can just focus on getting better.
5. If you want to compare a diagnosis and need a second medical opinion, you can count on it.
6. You will also have a Digital Doctor, an app where you can contact a doctor over the phone, via a video call or through a chat. Getting a first medical opinion has never been so simple or immediate.